Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Children's Cupcake Apron

A few weeks ago I hosted a cupcake bake day with my two very cute nieces Megan and Lauren.  Before making the "cupcake" mix I decided to whip up two child size cupcake aprons.  Now I must confess, I borrowed my Mom's sewing machine the night before and she gave me a mini sewing lesson in about 5 minutes.  Luckily I found a super easy Classic Reversible Apron Template online and headed to JoAnn fabric and craft store for the supplies.

I also decided to keep the cupcake theme like the sample from the template.














Supplies you will need:
  • A large piece of paper to make the patter
  • Two pieces of coordinating fabric (I bought 2 yards of the cupcake pattern and 2 1/2 of the polka dot)
  • Two 1" D-rings
  • Thread
This template not only gives you the dimensions for a child size apron, but also give you the dimensions for an adult size apron.  I will be making one for myself very soon so I can bake cupcakes in style!


Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment