Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Soft Snickerdoodles

By far my favorite cookies are snickerdoodles.  I have never tried a snickerdoodle I didn't like.  I did however, find a recipe that surpasses all others.  These cookies are so easy to make and they always come out of the oven looking great! The cookies look great on a fun plate or platter or tied in a small treat bag. They are also great to bake for your home teachers! :)















To make these sinfully delicious Snickerdoodles you will need:

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoon sugar (to dip cookie dough balls)
  • 3 tablespoon cinnamon (to dip cookie dough balls)

Directions:


Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins

  1. 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
  2. 2Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
  3. 3Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
  4. 4Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
  5. 5Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
  6. 6Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
  7. 7Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
  8. 8Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
  9. 9Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 -11 minutes.
  10. 10Remove from pan immediately.


    Love,
    Amanda

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Now I can have your delicious snickerdoodles whenever I want. But I really think it's more fun when you make them for me. :)

    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing about these cookies forever, now I can give them a try!

    ReplyDelete