Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Perfect Mashed Potatoes Recipe

I hate baked potatoes, but who doesn't love perfectly creamy, mashed potatoes! I DO! These potatoes are so great and super easy to make! I used a knife and everything mom! Side note: My Mom never lets me cut anything myself especially with the BIG knives....and yes I am turning 23 next Friday.  ANYWAY... You will love these and I'm sure you would be able to add cheese, garlic or any other fancy potatoe flavoring to this recipe and it will be just as perfect! I paired these puppies with grilled asparagus (using E.V.O.O, lemon peper and sea salt to season) and grilled lemon pepper chicken and a montreal steak seasoning on four top sirloin steaks from Fresh n' Sleezy I mean...Easy! Now setup a coordinating tablescape and throw on some sassy heels and you got a date! Enjoy!!!

Perfect Mashed Potatoes Recipe

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered length-wise
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 Tbsp heavy cream
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp milk
Salt and Pepper

A potato masher (I started with a masher and ended with a mixer)
Method

1 Put potatoes into a saucepan. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add water until potatoes are covered. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes, or until done - a fork can easily be poked through them.
2 Warm cream and melt butter, together, either in microwave or in a pan on the stove. Drain water from potatoes. Put hot potatoes into a bowl. Add cream and melted butter. Use potato masher to mash potatoes until well mashed. Use a strong spoon to beat further or a hand mixer, adding milk to achieve the consistency you desire. (Do not over-beat or your potatoes will get gluey.) Salt and pepper to taste.

Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment