Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Peanut Yogurt and Pretzels Trail Mix

Right now I am totally craving Target's Archer Farms Peanut Yogurt and Pretzel Trail Mix.  It is by far the best trail mix out there! I consider it my lucky LSAT snack. :)
Anyway I decided that spending $3.99 or so on a bag every week might be a little much so I concluded that the best solution to my problem was to make a big batch myself!

For the trail mix you will need:
  • 2 bags of salted peanuts
  • 1 bag of mini pretzels
  • Raisins to taste (optional)
  • 2 cups vanilla yogurt (recipe for one bag of pretzels)
  • 5 cups powdered sugar (recipe for one bag of pretzels)
First preheat your oven to 250 degrees.  Then in a large bowl mix one cup of powdered sugar in at a time with the two cups of yogurt.  Once all five cups of powdered sugar are mixed in you are ready to dip! Prepare a drying rack on top of a cookie sheet for your pretzels and peanuts. Dip all your pretzels and one bag of peanuts in the yogurt coating and place on drying rack.  Then turn off your preheated oven and place them into the oven leaving the oven door slightly open.  Let cool for three to four hours.  The heat from the oven will help the yogurt dry without the pretzels and peanuts getting soggy.  Then combine the other bag of salted peanuts, raisins, and yogurt covered pretzels and peanuts. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment